Calling all Makers of McHenry County!
Whether you are an arts and crafts maker, business maker, music maker, money maker, or social change maker, you are invited to network with other makers.
Join us on Friday September 30th, 6pm at Lucky Bernies in Woodstock to meet and connect with other young, local makers. A $5 entrance fee will be charged at the door; this money will fund future networking events for the community.
Pioneered by Millennials, the Makers Movement is a contemporary economic and social movement celebrating the creative process and artisan spirit.
Maker culture emphasizes informal, networked, peer-led, and shared learning motivated by fun and self-fulfillment. A maker is anyone who uses their abilities to create, whether it be mechanical, electrical, musical, visual, social change, and anything else. This means everyone is a maker in some way- a person sewing a quilt, a child playing with blocks, a student building a model, or even a citizen creating a charity event is a maker.
JCI Woodstock is a part of a global organization of changemakers known as Jaycees. Jaycees develop skills, knowledge, and understanding to make informed decisions and take action. As globally minded young people, Jaycees find targeted solutions to local issues which benefit the local community, the world, and the future.
Embracing new ideas, collaboration, and diversity, Jaycees have the passion and courage to address the critical challenges of the times.
Join JCI Woodstock IL, The Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and Lucky Bernies to celebrate the Makers Movement and connect with others makers in McHenry County.
Lucky Bernies, the new sandwich makers of Woodstock, will be providing a sampling of Boars Head meats and cheeses. Local music maker Kent Lewis will be performing live, and door prizes provided by local makers and businesses will be raffled off.
Participants are encouraged to bring plenty of business cards.
DOOR PRIZES* Amanda Olsen, Preservation School - $50 gift certificate, good for either a one-on-one in home class, or used toward a larger in-home party
* Brian De La Fuente, Serene Bath Bomb - All-natural, hand-made bath bomb gift set ($50 value)
* Connie Citarelli, Green Box Boutique - 1 bottle of wine from Chicago-based meadery and winery, Wild Blossom ($20 value)
* Crystal Squires, Small Business Social Media Manager - 2 hours of consultation toward creating or improving your company's or personal social media campaign ($75 value)
* Jason Neveu, Laddybuck Leather - $25 gift certificate toward a custom leather piece (items range from $30 - $300+ depending on item, materials, style, and level of customization)
* JCI Woodstock IL - Professional book set: "Strengths Finder 2.0" and Shinola Detroit day timer ($60 value)
* Jenn Feeley, HR Professional - 2 hours of consultation toward creating a "profersonal" LinkedIn profile ($75 value)
* Lori Parrish, Parrish Coaching - 1 free personal / professional coaching session ($100 value) and 25% off subsequent sessions booked
* Mary & Michael Ervin / Sara Miller, Ethereal Confections - 3 hand-crafted, bean-to-bar chocolate bars ($20 value)
* Naté Grindeland, Mixin Mingle - 1 free vendor booth at an upcoming Mixin Mingle marketplace event; you choose the date and location (Woodstock or McHenry)
* Tom Wendt, The Next Step Coaching and Guidance - 3 free personal / professional coaching sessions ($450 value)